Vegan Sweet Potato & Cauliflower Curry
1 medium onion, sliced
1 tbsp. coconut oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp. ginger, grated
2 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. paprika
2 tsp. turmeric
1 tsp. ground coriander
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 cup (240ml) water
450g sweet potatoes, peeled, chopped
10 oz. (300g) cauliflower
1 cup (240ml) coconut milk
½ cup (70g) cashew nuts
Coriander, to serve
1. Peel the onion, cut it in half, then cut into thin half slices. Heat the oil in a pot, add the onions and cook, stirring for about 3-4 minutes.
2. Next, add in the garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add in the spices, mix well, and fry together for another minute. Add the chopped tomatoes and water and bring to the boil.
3. In the meantime, add the peeled and cubed sweet potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 30 mins uncovered.
4. Next, divide the cauliflower into small florets and add to the pot. Pour in the coconut milk, mix, cover, and cook for another 10 minutes. In the meantime, roast the cashew nuts in a dry frying pan.
5. Serve the curry, topped with cashew nuts and coriander, alongside a portion of rice.