Protein Breakfast Bars
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup cashews
1 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup nut butter
2 scoops vanilla protein – I use Nuzest. (Use my code 'Sage15' to grab yourself a Nuzest discount on their website) 😊
1/4 cup almond milk
1 TBSP coconut oil
8 squares 70% dark chocolate (I used Whittakers)
1. Put walnuts, cashews and sunflowers seeds into a food processor and pulse until it turns to a flour like texture.
2. Add remaining base ingredients and process together until combined.
3. Line a square baking dish with baking paper and press the mixture into the dish.
4. Melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil together, stir and pour over the base.
5. Put the dish into the freezer for 2 hours until set. Once set, remove, cut into bars.
6. Store in an airtight container in the freezer or fridge.
Please note, this makes 8 bars, if you would like to have more on hand, simply double recipe.