Korean Style Lettuce Cups
3 TBSP sesame oil
Large handful of fresh coriander, chopped
1 1/2 Tsp Chinese five spice
1 TBSP Soy Sauce
1 TBSP honey
500g minced pork
1 TBSP coconut oil
3 chopped garlic cloves
1 tsp ginger
100g mushrooms finely sliced
1 red chili finely sliced
4 spring onions finely sliced
1 -2 baby gem lettuce
MSG Free Hoisin sauce (optional)
1. Mix together the sesame oil, coriander, Chinese five spice, soy sauce, and honey in a bowl, and marinate the pork mince in it for at least 45 minutes.
2. Heat the coconut oil in the pan and lightly saute the garlic, ginger, chopped mushrooms and chili for five minutes, then add the marinated pork mince. Cook for five minutes, before stirring in the spring onions, maple syrup, and a little more sesame oil.
3. While the pork is cooking, prepare the baby gem lettuces by removing the outer leaves, rinse and dry and set aside.
4. After 15 minutes - check if the pork is cooked, taste it and add more soy sauce if desired.
5. Spoon the pork mixture into the lettuce leaves and drizzle with hoisin sauce.
6. Serve with brown rice and your choice of vegetables on the side.