Chipotle Roast Veggie Enchilada Casserole
For the roast veggies
1 red capsicum, diced
1 orange capsicum, diced
1 yellow capsicum, diced
1 red onion, diced
1 pack sliced mushrooms
1 medium courgette, sliced
1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and pepper
For the chipotle enchilada sauce:
1C Simon Gaults “sweetened by veggies” tomato sauce
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon cumin
3/4-1 jar @quepasa chipotle salsa (I found it @ieproduce )
2/3 cup Unsweetened Almond milk
For the layers:
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1-2 cups grated cheese (depending on how much you like)
9 corn tortillas
1. Preheat oven to 200. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place chopped capsicum, onion, mushrooms, and zucchini on tray. Drizzle with olive oil and toss garlic on top. Toss veggies with your hands to coat the veggies with garlic and oil. Roast vegetables for 20-25 minutes.
2. While the veggies are roasting prepare the chipotle enchilada sauce: In a blender or a food processor, add the sauce ingredients and process for 30 seconds or until smooth.
3. Reduce heat in oven to 180. Grease a baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Add 1/2 cup enchilada sauce to the bottom of the pan and spread out evenly. Place 3 corn tortillas over the sauce. You may need to cut one tortilla in half to create a single layer. Next add ½ of the roasted veggies and half of the black beans on top of the tortillas. Then drizzle ½ cup of enchilada sauce on top followed by grated cheese.
4. Repeat the layers again, starting with the 3 corn tortillas, remaining veggies and beans, ½ cup enchilada sauce and cheese.
5. Finally add 3 more corn tortillas on top to evenly cover the veggies and beans, then top with remaining enchilada sauce and cheese. Bake for 25 minutes.